HAMPTONS POCKET REDEVELOPMENT
Residential redevelopment of two pockets at The Hamptons Golf Club to facilitate the reconfiguration and ongoing support of the excellent 18 hole golfing experience!
Check out the section below for some frequently asked questions. If you don't see your question answered, contact us directly. We love to chat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the timeline for development?
Work to reconfigure the golf course is currently underway and is anticipated to be complete by Spring 2018. Pending approvals, Phase 1 (Site B) construction is anticipated to start early 2018. The timeline for construction of the homes themselves is subject to the timelines established by the homebuilder.
What is QPD's role in the development?
Prior to construction, QPD worked on behalf of the Hamptons Golf Course, to obtain a land use redesignation and an outline plan approval. QPD is also working with the Hamptons Golf Course to facilitate the golf course reconfiguration and manage the development of Sites A and B to prepare them for the construction of homes.
Can I purchase a lot to construct my own home?
Lots will not be sold to individual lot purchasers. The landowner is currently working to finalize lot sales to several builder groups. The names of the builders will be shared when the lot sales are finalized.
What types of homes will be built?
The approved land use on the site provides for 54 single-detached homes with an option for secondary suites, and 10 single-detached or duplexes. The specific design of the homes will be determined by the home builder at the development permit stage.
When will homes be available for purchase?
The availability of homes in Sites A and B for purchase is subject to the construction timelines set by the homebuilder.
Where should I look for information if I am interested in purchasing a new home?
For more information on home sales please sign up to receive updates here.
What will construction involve?
- Golf course reconfiguration will involve relocating holes 14 and 15 into the existing course by changing the size and shape of new holes and adding new greens.
- Construction to prepare the land for the residential development will involve the following:
- Stripping and grading, which is the process of preparing the site for development and ensuring that the soil contains the inorganic minerals necessary to support foundations, roads and infrastructure.
- Underground construction, or installation of deep services such as sanitary sewer and storm water infrastructure pipes.
- Surface construction, or work to install surface infrastructure such as roads and sidewalks.
- Residential development will be completed by the home building groups.
What approvals are required for construction?
What can Hamptons residents expect during the construction period?
While efforts will be made to minimize disruption associated with the golf course reconfiguration and residential development process, it is anticipated that there will be impacts related to construction traffic, road closures, and noise as well as dust. All construction will be consistent with the City of Calgary noise bylaw, while dust will be mitigated in accordance with the approved Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan and will involve the use of a silt fence to prevent dust from blowing from the construction sites onto neighbouring properties.
HAMPTONS GOLF CLUB
69 HAMPTONS DR NW
CALGARY, AB T3A 5H7
1026 16 AV NW
CALGARY, AB T2M 0K6